Replies: 19

Re: Drabicki

Kathy Dean (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2005 6:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2005 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Morajda, Sroka, Kielar, Drabicki, Drabicka, Bein, Bem
Hi Robert:

I, too, have seen many of the Drabicki's on the Ellis Island list as well. I am sure at least several of them are related to me. If you look at "Arena Sroka" on Ellis Island, (my grandmother), she was accompanied by her cousin Agata Sroka. Agata was joining her brother, Walenty, I believe. Then there is an "Aniela" Drabicka, that married a George Kielar. This Aniela was definitely my grandmom's cousin as well. My mom always talked about her Kielar cousins who lived in Corry, Pa (near Erie). If you trace the names through the Ellis Island list, the connections start to show up. My gr-grandpap was Pawel Sroka and his wife was Kataryna (Drabicka) Sroka. They remained in Poland. I don't know if my grandmom had any brothers and sisters, but on the voyage from Poland to the US, she was also accompanied by a Malgorzata "Bein" or "Bem". They all went to the area around Donora, Pa. My grandparents married in Pittsburgh and lived in the South Side, but my mom also mentioned that her mom's relatives lived in Wilmerding and also Corry, Pa.

I have wedding pictures from the 1920's. My mom said my grandmom was in her cousin's wedding. These pictures are of a wedding party where my grandmom is a bridesmaid. Also, we have some pics of the bride and groom. My mom doesn't know their names. I assume it is Aniela Drabicka and George Kielar but have no proof!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kathy4836 13 Dec 2002 1:40AM GMT 
drabicki 21 Dec 2002 9:16PM GMT 
Kathy Dean 8 Mar 2003 2:24AM GMT 
Adrienne 13 Sep 2003 3:16PM GMT 
Kathy Dean 11 Jan 2005 1:26PM GMT 
rosemariekud 10 Jun 2010 11:34PM GMT 
garyalew 2 Aug 2013 10:00PM GMT 
SandyB 14 Sep 2004 1:25AM GMT 
Kathy Dean 11 Jan 2005 1:56PM GMT 
Kathleen Kielar 11 Feb 2005 6:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions