Search for content in message boards

Godlewski/Nowak/Pyznar/Kaczor/Kosiek/Bragiel/Ziemba/Lesniak all from Osobnica

Replies: 7

Godlewski/Nowak/Pyznar/Kaczor/Kosiek/Bragiel/Ziemba/Lesniak all from Osobnica

Posted: 2 Aug 2006 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
My gr-gr-grandfather's name was Andrew Godlewski and his wife was Regina Nowak Godlewski.

My gr-father was Marcin Godlewski (born 1874) who came to the US in 1892 and settled in Chicago. He married Zofia Pyznar (also from Osobnica) in 1897. There is a listing of the name Budziak also for Zofia but do not know what the connection is.

Zofia died in March, 1907 and then Marcin married my gr-mother, Rozalja Szewczyk/Rapsky Godlewski in May, 1907, also in Chicago.

My gr-father had two brothers and two sisters that I know of.

Joseph Godlewski (brother #1) (born 1868) came to the US about the same time as Martin, maybe a year earlier, and married Zofia Pyznar's cousin, Katrazyna (Catherine) Pyznar in Chicago in 1904.

Wojciech Godlewski (brother #2) (born 1875) came to the US three times, 1904, 1906 and 1910. The Ellis Island Manifest shows him having a wife, Anna, in Poland and because I have never found any info on him in the US, I am assuming that he went back to Poland.

Maryanna Godlewski (sister #1) (born in 1862) was married to Jacob Bragiel and she died in 1932 in Chicago. I do not know when they came to the US. I also do not know when Jacob Bragiel died.

Anna Godlewski Burda (sister #2) (I do not know her birth year) was married to Franciszek Burda but I do not have any other info on either of them.

Zofia Pyznar's mother was Marianna Kaczor and her father was Laurentis Pyznar (sometimes listed as Piznar). Zofia also had a brother, Andreas Pyznar who married Kathryn Paluch in 1899 in Chicago but died a short time later. Also on one baptismal entry is a Paulus Pyznar and Agnes Stowinska as godparents for one of their children. It would seem that Paulus was a relative but do not know if it was her brother or cousin.

Katrazyna Pyznar's mother was Sophia Kosiek Pyznar and her father was Pauli Pyznar.

Katrazyna also had a sister, Stefania Pyznar who married Joseph Orlikiewicz in Chicago and when he died she married Joseph Zych.

Other names that I have come across in my family search are
Gliwa, Ziemba and Lesniak all from Osobnica.

If there is anyone out there who can connect with any of these names, please contact me. I have alot of info about my gr-father, Marcin and his first wife, Zofia and my gr-mother, Rozalia but not alot of info on the others. Since all of these people came from Osobnica (with the exception of Rozalia who came from Maniowy) I am hoping that there is someone else out there looking for me.

Hope to hear from a family member soon.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bjsmolen 3 Aug 2006 2:31AM GMT 
K_Bania 9 Jan 2007 3:31AM GMT 
bjsmolen 10 Jan 2007 7:59PM GMT 
bjsmolen 10 Jan 2007 7:59PM GMT 
harteaupiano 9 Jul 2008 11:06PM GMT 
bjsmolen 10 Jul 2008 12:13AM GMT 
harteaupiano 10 Jul 2008 4:52PM GMT 
Jessica Kinka... 25 Aug 2013 4:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions