Search for content in message boards

Jasliska Relatives

Replies: 13

Re: Warchol Surname

Posted: 16 Feb 2014 2:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Warchoł, Rączka, Magdziarz, Czajkowicz
I have my grandmother's box of family photos, with many dozens from Poland, especially from the area of Bryły ans Jasłow. I probably have at least 36 or more photos from the Warchoł family. There are Polish inscriptions on the back that I am translating with Google Translate. My grandmother, Suzanna (Czajkowicz) Magdziarz is referred to as "Aunt" (ciociu) in many of the photos. I know little about her family in Poland, with no information about any brothers or sisters she may have had. The names that come up the most on the photos are Franciszek (called Franiu in many photos), Stasiu, Karin Warchoł, who are the children of Marian and Janka Warchoł. Other names include Zozia (First Holy Communion photo,dated 1955), and Maria (possibly a sister to Stasiu, Franciszek and Karin). I also found two photos pinned to a parts of an envelope with a Polish stamp on it with the address for a W. J. Warchoł in Bryły, Poland. I have never posted on a message board before - I will try to attach the envelope and the photos pinned to it.

Also, Domka Warchoł is in my family tree as the mother-in-law of one of my grand uncles. Domka was the wife of Piotr Rączka, and they were the parents of Viola Rączka, who was married to my grand uncle, Wojciech "George" Magdziarz.

Given the number of photos I have of this family, they seem to have been very close relattives to my grandmother, but nobody in my family knows how. Neither my father for my uncle (both sons of Suzanna) had heard of the Warchoł name. My grandmother's mother's maiden name was Agata Rączka, and she was married to Martin Czajkowicz. If any of those names sound familiar to you please let me know. I would like to learn more about the Warchoł side of my family.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bernadette Skalak 2 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Johnatha Sowchuk 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Bernadette Skalak 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
klamota 26 Mar 2004 11:06AM GMT 
amados1 4 Jan 2010 2:43AM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 16 Feb 2014 9:10AM GMT 
michellesbigb... 18 Feb 2014 11:19PM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 21 Feb 2014 3:15AM GMT 
michellesbigb... 22 Feb 2014 3:21PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 22 Feb 2014 4:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions