Search for content in message boards

Bis from Nisko or Pysznica

Replies: 18

Re: Bis from Nisko or Pysznica

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bis, Sroka
Thanks, a lot of this is very helpful. May I ask a few follow-up questions about the links and advice you provided?

1. http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en&miejs... - how do I use this link? It shows that someone somewhere is in possession of the vital records from Pysznica of interest to me. How do I access them? Do I email sandomierz@kielce.ap.gov.pl? What does access conditions: całkowicie mean?

Also, it lists Pysznica as being in province: tarnobrzeskie. Is that the same Pysznica I need, which should be in Stalowa Wola in Subcarpathia?

2. "I would go with the arrival manifest information." - do you mean as far deciding on the correct arrival year and place of birth? I agree, but my challenge is "marrying" the correct arrival record of "a" Josefa Bis to the known information on Josephine Bis. The place of birth (Nisko) and arrival year (1914) may be inaccurate on the obit, but at least they belong to the right person. The place of birth and date on the ship manifest are almost certainly correct, but they me from the wrong Josefa. I am frustrated by not being able to find Josefa roots in Pysznica, or by proving that Klara Sroka, Josefa's sister, was born Klara Bis.

3. "What is her place of birth on SS-5 Form" - I am not familiar with that form, could you elaborate?

4. "naturalization intent and petition and her church marriage record" - I cannot find those, and neither can I find Klara's marriage record to Franzicek Sroka, or her immigration records under either name.

5. "I see a set of numbers and a date so she was naturalized US citizen." - where do you these numbers? I have no information that Josephine was ever naturalized and I have not found any records on Ancestry.com.

Thanks again for your tips and for the research you have done!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
atolkachev 14 Dec 2011 1:19AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 14 Dec 2011 7:03PM GMT 
atolkachev 15 Dec 2011 1:58AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 15 Dec 2011 3:07AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 15 Dec 2011 4:47AM GMT 
atolkachev 16 Dec 2011 7:22PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Dec 2011 12:43AM GMT 
dpolitan41 23 Nov 2012 1:19AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 23 Nov 2012 1:36AM GMT 
dpolitan41 23 Nov 2012 1:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions