** A. Karola Szczolkowska left Bremen on the "Oldenburg" on 2/18/1899 and arrived at New York on 3/4/1899. Going to sister, Box 672, in Easthampton, Mass. Bartol Dasza [brother-in-law]. Last residence Jazowa. [Bartol is a diminutive for Bartlomiej].
** B. Karolina Szczotkowska left Bremen on the "Barbarosa" on 2/28/1903 and arrived at New York on 3/13/1903. Going to Easthampton, Mass, brother-in-law B. DUSZA. Was in the U.S. from 1899 to 1902, at Easthampton. Last residence Jazowa.
** See ellisisland.org
Note: This last name is spelled Szczotkowska.
* C. Barthomey Dusra and Mary Stochoski married at Easthampton, Mass., on 2/21/1895 by D.J. Sheehan. [Rev. Daniel J Sheehan was the curate of Immaculate Conception Church. Sacred Heart church was not yet founded.]
* (2) Son: Joseph Dusra: b. Easthampton, Mass. 4/20/1896.
Father: Bartholome Dusra. Mother: Mary Stokoski.
* (3) Daughter: Margaret Durza: b. Easthampton, Mass., on 11/13/1900. Father: Bartholomew Durza. Mother Mary Szoyhoushi.
* (4) Daughter: Alice Busza [original appears to be Dusza]: b. Easthampton, Mass., 3/20/1911. Father: Bartholomew Busza [Dusza]. Mother: Mary Szotkoska.
It appears that the following are the federal censuses for this family, all at Easthampton, Mass:
* (a) 1900 Federal: Bartomi Doncha
* (b) 1910 Federal: Bartholar Dusga
* (c) 1920 Federal: Bartholomew Vieara
* (d) 1930 Federal: Bartlomig Dusza
* (e) 1940 Federal: Mary Dusza [widowed]
* See familysearch.org [free site]
Notes: The federal census shows that there was a daughter Sophie who was the oldest. I have not found a birth record for her. Alice is not on the 1920 federal census. Further: I have not found any marriages or deaths for any member of this family.
I am researching a Szczotkowska line that appears to also be from Jazowa but not a direct line, but could be a collateral line.