Search for content in message boards

Help in finding Rymuts in Poland; Kazimierz Rymut relatives or tree?

Replies: 1

Help in finding Rymuts in Poland; Kazimierz Rymut relatives or tree?

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 11:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rymut, Rojek
I asked for help at genealogy.com and, although they were quite helpful with other questions, they could not help with this. Thus, I turn to ancestry.com.

My grandfather, Joseph Michael Rymut, was born on Feb 2, 1902 in Ropczyce, Chechly, Poland to Johann and Marianna (nee Rojek). We have the original birth/baptismal certificate. We have been unable to trace back any further or find out what happened to Johann. We suspect that he died on the way to the boat because he was never heard from again. When Marianna came over a year or two later, she was listed as a widow.

Since "Kazimierz Rymut" is so famous in Genealogy circles, and was *also* from Chechly, this should be easy, right?

Can anyone *please* help me get in touch with some Rymuts over in Poland? Or help me get Kazimeirz' family tree? It has to exist somewhere.

THANK YOU for any help you may be able to provide. I am at my wits end. I cannot afford to travel to Poland at this time, I cannot order the microfilms (they won't mail them from Salt Lake City for some reason), I cannot find any other records online, there are *very* few Rymuts in the USA, and I can't afford to hire a professional researcher.

P.S. Should I also ask in the "Rzessow" forum? http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.ceeurope.poland.provin...

P.P.S. Almost all Rymuts in the USA appear to come from either Ropczyce, Chechly, or Witkowice. These three towns are only a few miles apart in the Podkarpackie region of Poland (southeast Poland).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DougWorks 9 Dec 2012 6:13PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 15 Dec 2012 1:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions