Search for content in message boards

Jawornik/Jawirnyk

Replies: 21

Re: Jawornik/Jawirnyk

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 10:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
thank you for writing!

I too have done research for this village and surrounding villages. I was there 2 times and went for a good hike.
-----------
I do remember seeing the surname Bialas and I do remember seeing the surname Zajac in some of the close villages as well. My family was Greek Catholic.
Have you searched the films from the Family Search .org
library? I have done some family trees for Pinczak and Sauczak from Jawirnyk and also my great grandmogther Ksenia Jawornicka was born in Jawirnyk. Other names are Karlitski,
Onyszkanycz and Chalupa and Wakeriak.Do you know other people from Jawirnyk?
It is so nice that you get to go again and to find some family. I too want to go again and speak to the older
people before it is too late especially in Komancza.
It is very rare that you found family still find family there. Most are in NOrth Poland or Ukraine. My family was also from Czystohorb and we are trying to arrange to put up a monument for the village and put a fence around the old cemetery. There is no one left from the village and there is a man that lives there that says the cemetery belongs to him and does not want to allow this!
How can he own a historic site? Anyway I have some people over there who are getting the Mayor of Komancza ,this guy and the Roman Catholic Priest to have a meeting to see what can be done. Please let me know if you need any information from the church records. I also have some friends there now like a driver and a place to stay and the Greek Catholic Priest in Komancza etc.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Melnyk_Dianne 19 Jan 2013 5:25PM GMT 
franlink3574 14 Jul 2013 12:06AM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 14 Jul 2013 4:42AM GMT 
franlink3574 14 Jul 2013 5:58PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 15 Jul 2013 3:29PM GMT 
franlink3574 18 Jul 2013 5:12PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 1 Aug 2013 5:29PM GMT 
aburock 19 May 2014 7:29PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 19 May 2014 11:06PM GMT 
aburock 19 May 2014 11:28PM GMT 
per page