Search for content in message boards

Komancza birthdates for monuments needed

Replies: 7

Re: Komancza birthdates for monuments needed

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, no, I do not have family there but I go there a few times a year and always spend a week or two in that area. Cemetery consists of a few graves (~10-15), a few of them still have inscriptions, it is located on the top of a small hill with big trees. In summer a man from a tourist shelter cuts the grass usually there so it was accessible. I remember there is a grave of a priest and his son, I do not remember their names. The village is now called Stary Łupków (stary means old). Nowy Łupków (so new) is a few kilometers away, there used to be a railway station where they were moving the wood from a narrow-gauge track to regular trains. There is now a big prison there.
As for railway, there are no passenger trains as far as I know any more, there used to be trains a few year ago but only during the summer. The only way to get there is by car (you can drive almost to the cemetery and leave the car there or to the railway station) or by bus to Nowy Łupków and then you have to go on walk.
Yes, I live in Poland, sure, just let me know when you come, I would be happy to meet you.
As for Łupków records, there are metrical records for the end of 18th century and first half o 19th century in a state archives in Przemysl and birth for the second half of 19th century (until 1897) in Sanok state archives. Newer records perhaps only in a civil registry office (USC) in Komancza. You may also try to contact a church (Greek-Catholic) dioecesis in Przemysl and their archives. As for more recent records, state archives in Sanok has also a register of people living in Lupkow in years 1931-1945, they may contain information about a fate of different families during and just after the war.
Zbyszek
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Melnyk_Dianne 4 Feb 2013 6:23PM GMT 
jhzs 5 Feb 2013 1:26PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 19 Mar 2013 5:35PM GMT 
jhzs 19 Mar 2013 6:45PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 19 Mar 2013 9:55PM GMT 
jhzs 19 Mar 2013 10:30PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 19 Mar 2013 11:20PM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 19 Jul 2013 7:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic