Search for content in message boards

Podkarpackie towns

Replies: 13

Re: TRIMBATH / TREMBATH

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I have the children's baptismal and confirmation records, nothing listed for place of birth for parents.

As for Charles being left in the US so young, there was no other family that we know of. There was a brief note of a family named Patton in Hastings PA but not sure if there was any connection.

He was left at the boarding house that his parents lived at, in the care of the lady that ran it. This may have been in Keisterville, PA (which is also Fayette County. Charles told my Aunt that it was dirty and he didn't like it so he moved several times. This would have been before 1917. According to the 1920 census he arrived in 1909-1910, but I have never located any record of him or his parents in the 1910 census.

As for where he lived, I have traced the Trimbath family he informally adopted to Dunbar Township, Fayette County, PA.

He met his wife's older brother's at the mines and they brought him home to meet their sister Mary Buksar, her family moved to Republic from Connellsville, between the 1900 and 1910 census.

As to when Mary met Charles I would imagine within a year of their marriage, I don't think long engagements were the norm. I did hear that Mary didn't want to marry she was having fun dancing and playing the piano and accordian but her father said that at 21 she was getting to old and would wind up a spinster.

Lisa
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BakerFamily78 12 Feb 2013 3:16AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 12 Feb 2013 3:41AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 12 Feb 2013 1:24AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 12 Feb 2013 2:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions