Search for content in message boards

Gawluszowice

Replies: 4

Gawluszowice

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Braham, Abrahams, Babula, Hinchcliffe

Good day. I am seeking information about my paternal side of the family. My grandmother was Helen Babula born and died in Jersey City, New Jersey. Her father was Albert Babula born in Gawluszowice, Galicia Poland, according to paperwork. His parents resided in this area until their death. I don't know much about them except that they were very religious people and they owned a farm which my great grandfather had to go back to help sell, this is where I get the area from. Albert was born in 1884 or about that and his parents were Joseph Babula and Anna Zatucka. Albert's wife was Anna Gundek. Does anyone have any information about this family? I believe Albert came to US in 1904 from Bremen and stated that he was going to a cousin's house in Minersville, PA. I have information of the family after he was married with children and the names of his parents came from letters that were sent to his sister, Weronica. When these letters were translated this is what I was given regarding the family structure: The family structure from this set of letters looks as follows:
Jozef Babula - the father, born ~1852
Anna Babula - mother, born ~1857
Weronika (Weroncia) Babula - immigrated to US, got married there
Wojciech (Wojtus) Babula - son living in the US
Maria or perhaps Marianna (Marysia) Babula - daughter with serious health problems living with parents
Mieczyslaw (Mieciu, Mietek) Babula - son living with the parents
Wiktoria (Wichta) Ciejka nee Babula - lives with her drunkard husband in Gawluszowice
unknown Ciejka - husband of Wiktoria, left for the US on March 4, 1910
Wojciech Ciejka - prosperous relative (perhaps brother) of Wiktoria's husband
unknown Malek - a neighbor with son in US through whom Wojciech sent money to his parents
unknown Piatek - aunt in Gawluszowice
unknown Uncle and Aunt in Gawluszowice with children: Stefania i Anna

Thank you,
Jennifer Smith

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jslash831 13 Sep 2013 6:29PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 18 Sep 2013 8:08PM GMT 
jslash831 19 Sep 2013 1:35PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 19 Sep 2013 2:07PM GMT 
wlmoskal86 20 Sep 2013 12:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic