Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

Martin, Maria, and Kunegunda Czajkowicz. Area around Jasło/Bryły.

Replies: 6

Martin, Maria, and Kunegunda Czajkowicz. Area around Jasło/Bryły.

Posted: 19 Feb 2014 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Apr 2016 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Czajkowicz, Martynkiewicz, Konieczny, Magdziarz, Rączka.
Because much of my original post has been proven incorrect based on information provided to me by a newly found cousin in Poland, I m re-writing the entire thing. I am interested in learning about my Czajkowicz relatives who lived in the small village of Bryły and the larger town of Jasło which was literally right next door. (I have been informed Bryły has since been incorporated into its larger neighbor.)

My paternal grandmother's name was Suzanna (Czajkowicz) Magdziarz. She lived from august 14, 1891 to august 3, 1974. Her father was Martin Czajkowicz. He might have died before 1912 because only my grandmother's mother, Agata (Rączka) Czajkowicz, was listed as her closest relative in her home country on the passenger list when she arrived in the US.

Agata's grandparents (my 2x great grandparents) were Kasper Konieczny and Maria Czajkowicz, who might have been born around 1810. I do not know how martin and Maria Czajkowicz were related, but I assume they were.

In the family photo below, the man and woman standing are Franciszek Martynkiewicz and his wife Kunegunda (Czajkowicz) Martynkiewicz. Those identities were confirmed by a grandson of the couple who still lives in Jasło. Franciszek and Kunegunda's son, Marian Martynkiewicz (Feb. 7, 1921 - March 17, 2005) used to write to my grandmother, and he addressed her as "Kochana ciociu" or "dear auntie." I believe Kunegunda and my grandmother Suzanna were sisters, but cannot prove it. I have quite a few photos of Kunegunda, including about 9 photos documenting her funeral.

Any information you might have about the Czajkowicz or Martynkiewicz families would be appreciated.

[Note: I originally stated that I thought the name of the family in the attached photo was Warchoł. Because the correct surname is Martynkiewicz, I have deleted my prior reference to the Warchoł surname.]
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DavidJMagdzia... 19 Feb 2014 7:20AM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 19 Feb 2014 7:38AM GMT 
Stanislaw Sro... 24 Feb 2014 2:09PM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 24 Feb 2014 5:31PM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 3 Apr 2016 3:40AM GMT 
Stanislaw Sro... 3 Apr 2016 10:12AM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 3 Apr 2016 7:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic