Search for content in message boards

Martin Czajkowicz. Maria Czajkowicz. Area around Jasłow/Bryły.

Replies: 3

Martin Czajkowicz. Maria Czajkowicz. Area around Jasłow/Bryły.

Posted: 19 Feb 2014 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Czajkowicz, Konieczny, Magdziarz, Rąnczka, and Warchoł
My grandmother, Suzanna Czajkowicz, was born August 14, 1891in Bryły, Podkarpackie, Poland. Her father was Martin Czajkowicz (dates of birth and death unknown, but probably died before 1912). Her mother's maiden name was Agata Rąnczka (dates of birth and death unknown). Martin and Agata probably stayed in Poland, while Suzanna arrived in the US on October 30, 1912, and only her mother was listed as a relative back in Poland (Austria at the time). Through 23andMe.com I have been in contact with an estimated 2nd or 3rd cousin who has a 2x great grandmother named Maria Czajkowicz who married Kaspar Konieczny. They were probably born around 1830. One of their children was John Konieczny, who settled in Minnesota.

My grandmother married Paul Magdziarz on June 10, 1917 in Chicacgo. Paul's older brother, Wojciech "George" Magdziarz married Waleria "Viola" Rąnczka on June 4, 1907 in Chicacgo. Her father was Piotr Rąnczka, and mother's maiden name was Domka Warchoł.

I am seeking any information about the Czajkowicz family. One particular piece of information I am looking for is how Maria Czajkowicz is related to Martin Czajkowicz. Maria Czajkowicz's family was from Jasłow, Poland.

I also have old photographs from Poland (maybe from the 1930's or earlier) of a Jadwiga Rąnczka, and I am seeking information about her and her family.

Lastly, I believe my grandmother was related to the Warchoł family from the Bryły/Jasłow area. I have another post on this message board which includes two photographs and an envelope with a Bryły address, and the name W. J. Warchoł. I have attached a wedding photo from the late 1800's to early 1900's from "Atelier Marya Jasłow" and a slightly later family photo of the same couple. The groom in the wedding photo and the older woman (his mother?) in the other photo are the same people associated with the photographs and envelope attached to my other post.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DavidJMagdzia... 19 Feb 2014 7:20AM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 19 Feb 2014 7:38AM GMT 
Stanislaw Sro... 24 Feb 2014 2:09PM GMT 
DavidJMagdzia... 24 Feb 2014 5:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions