This is actually a really good history of the village! I tried to fix some of the words from the Polish Translation into English. The word Serum is used for village Surowice and for linden tree they say Lime etc. so I tried. ANyway, keep this for your records . It is also amazing that the cemetery was restored recently. We are trying to do the same in Chystohorb this summer -------DAROW is located in the eastern part of the Low Beskid over Darowskim Stream - right tributary Wisłok . The settlement be reached about 88 km from Rzeszów , 37 km from Sanok and 33 km from Komancza . The nearest post office was in Bukowsko (12 km) and the railway station in Besku (18.5 miles). Currently, 5 km south of Darow proceeds provincial road 897 from Tylawy to Wołosate .
The northern border of the village is back Bukowica Pasma mountain , whose highest peak is Zrubań , which is also the point of triangulation (778 m). The lowest point of the village is located at 440 m Darow bordered directly with Surowice in a place that was described as Wandyriak (stood there wayside cross and two linden trees) and Wisłok Weilkiy border villages also became wayside cross and two linden trees). In 1931 the village covered an area of 9.26 km ²  . Through the village runs paved road from Moszczanka to Wisłok Welikiy [Mountain village character, the soil barren. Currently, the majority of land planted by the Forestry stand Darow.. Preserved fruit tree isolated in the former farms. Northern parts of the village lie out in the reserve Bukowica  .Darow should be administratively to the municipality Komańcza, in the district of Sanok, Subcarpathian Voivodeship.
Town was originally a royal village, the key Beskidy, invested in 1559 for Nicholas Cikowski from Wojsławice, Castellan Zarnowski and mayor of Sanok. The gifts name first appears in the sources in 1565  . In 1765 , the mayor was a nobleman Stefan Ostrowski. After 1772 , the good government chamber of the Austrian . In 1811 , the headship is acquired Ignacy Urbanski. After that, in 1842 the owner of the village was Francis Urbanski of Haczów. In 1880 Darow was owned by Louis Tomanka, a pharmacist from Lviv  . In the years 1920 - 1 939 in the Lviv province in the district of Sanok, in the years 1939 - 1944 , in the district of Krakow , in the years 1944 - 1975Rzeszow province , in the years 1 975 - in 1998 in the province of Krosno , and since 1999 in the province Subcarpathian in Sanok district .\\Village name may be derived from the nickname "gift." There is also a legend passed on by the locals, talking about the rich owner, who gave the peasants the land on which they built village and remembering the noble gesture called her Gifts. One hypothesis is also the fact that the gifts, like Moszczaniec and Jasiel , took its name from the creek that flowed that way [//////The village belonged to the parish of Latin in Nowotaniec [a] , while the Greek Catholic parish was in the Surowice . At the end of the nineteenth century, the village had 32 houses and 240 inhabitants. In 1900 the village had 244 inhabitants  . Gifts belonged to the jurisdiction of Municipal Court in Bukowsko . In 1880 the local peasants gospodarzyli at 457 morgach, in 1905 the owner of 896 ha of forest was Kazimierz Rotkiewicz. On the border of the village on the road to Wisłok Welikiy so called. Wójtostwie, was an inn. In 1913 the distillery was the property of the Jew Samuel Meller, and the local parish had 15 hectares of land  . In the interwar period in the gift housed Primary School, in which long-term teacher was Czeslaw Szczepkowska of d Słuszkiewicz (1906-1990). In September 1944, the front line of the Soviet-German army ran through Sanok, Bukowsko, Besko, Wróblik Krolowski and Krosno. 38 attack the army, which is part of one Ukrainian Front (UPA), came to this area from the Bukowsko by Darow toWisłok  . Masnykiwki area burned in autumn 1944 during the war. Location virtually ceased to exist after World War II . Residents of neighboring villages Surowice and Polany Surowiczne were forced by the Polish soldiers to leave their homes in the April Sunday in 1946 .Darow was forced to joined the neighbors and the vast majority were resettled in the vicinity of Ternopil , while the last three families a year later in 1947 Akcija Wisla,departed to the Regained Territories ,North Poland.In summer 1946 abandoned village was burned by the Polish Army because it could potentially provide a basis for UPA (*this is a lie ,the forced deportations were already planned in 1943) Currently, Darow is established forestry Gifts, which belongs to the Forestry Commission Rymanów.////The first Church was built probably in the eighteenth century and belonged to the parish in nearby Surowice. In the twenties of the twentieth century, the old church was demolished in the same place in 1927 a new church was built church. Protection of the Blessed Mother of God (Pokrowy) . Construction was tricuspid with three large octagonal cupolas .. In the twentieth century front of the church bell tower erected on the foundation  .The Church stood in the basin cuts across the slope of the valley  . The church was abandoned in 1946 , and the material which was obtained from the demolished building was erected a folk house in Sieniawie . Fittings church (late baroque ornaments) are from 1949 in the altar of the church. St. Nicholas in Nowotaniec.///////////The village is now inhabited by employees of the Forestry Gifts and their families.
before World War II was divided into hamlets whose names were on the families residing there: Hrybiwka, Dawidiwka, Masnykiwka and Skircykiwka.///////
Year the number of homes number of people
1627 bd 6 [b]
1665 bd 2 [c]
1785 bd 143 [d]
1900 37 244
1931 48 321
Greek Catholic Population in the years 1785-1928 
Year the number of parishioners
1912 1303 (together with theSurowice and Moszczanka)
Dianne Galatowsky Melnyk