Jarosz, Dzioba, Rzeszuto

Replies: 17

Re: Jarosz

David Baloga (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2004 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ZAJDEL, KOSIBA, KUBIT, MOSKAL, BURSZTA, possibly JAROCZ
Hi Lori,
I'm not sure if there is a relation, but a number of things appeared to ring a bell in regard to your posts for the Zajdel and Jarocz lines. My great great grandmother is Regina Zajdel from the Suchodol/Glowienka/Bialobrzegi in the Krosno area. She was married to my great great grandfather, Valentine Kosiba. Their daughter, Marianna Kosiba, married my great grandfather Stanislaus Kubit. Their youngest child, Joseph Kubit (my maternal grandfather) married Mary Moskal (my maternal grandmother) who was from Bialobrezgi, and after they came through Ellis Island, they ultimately settled in Cleveland, Ohio.

Interestingly, when my maternal grandmother, Mary Moskal, came through Ellis Island in September 1913, she traveled with two members of the Jarocz family -- one of which was a Katarzyna Jarocz and the other - possibly a Tina or Luna (the name is hard to make out) -- and all three of them went to Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania. The three of them are listed together in the ship's manifest. From my understanding, my grandmother Mary Moskal may have also stayed for a while with her aunt, Katherina Burszta (Burszta surname possibly by marriage), in Connecticut, and then ultimately settled in Cleveland, Ohio on the near west side. My grandmother Mary Kubit (nee Moskal) was a member of St. John Cantius Church. I know that my grandmother's father was a Frantisek Moskal (the Moskal side of her family includes the well-known Polish painter Peter Moskal) and that my grandmother's mother's first name was Apollonia. I hope to hear from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lori Jarosz 26 Aug 2001 3:27AM GMT 
David Baloga 1 Dec 2004 6:39AM GMT 
Jennifer Ostrowski 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Lori Jarosz 26 Aug 2001 3:22AM GMT 
smrines 28 Sep 2002 3:52PM GMT 
wjchmura1 29 May 2013 3:24PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 6 Jun 2013 1:10AM GMT 
HenrykWalczyk 5 Jun 2013 11:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions