Search for content in message boards

Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Replies: 4

Re: Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Gordena Doering (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brzezowski
I researched the Ellis Island records for my Grandmother, Aniela Brzezowska. I found her arrival ( ship sailed from Bremen, Germany), on Jan. 28, 1913. The ship's manifest says she was going to an Antoni Brzezowski, in Youngstown, Ohio. I then researched Antoni Brzezowski in the Ellis Island records. I found 2 Antoni's.

One came over on Feb. 20, 1907, (ship sailed from Bremen), the city he came from was Kluzmina, Galicia (the city could be misspelled). I couldn't get the ship's manifest image to come up today, but I remember he was going to a "friend's", I think in NY. He was 26 and unmarried at that time. When I can get the ship's manifest image to come up I will check it out more thoroughly.

The other Antoni arrived 3/31/1907, ship sailed from Hamburg, city he was from was listed as Huta or Hula. He was 35 and married at the time. I don't remember his destination. Again, I will get more detailed information when I can access the ship's manifest.

All I have for now is the Ellis Island information. I don't know if the Antoni that ended up in Youngstown, Ohio in 1913, stayed in Ohio or moved to another location. My Grandmother married in Youngstown and had her first 2 babies there, but left and moved to Hamtramck, Michigan by 1917.

Maybe you can tell me about your Brzezowski line.

Regards, for now.
Gordena Doering
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
modmob 13 Jul 2001 6:26PM GMT 
Anthony Brzezowski Jr 19 Aug 2001 5:02AM GMT 
Gordena Doering 19 Aug 2001 10:46PM GMT 
perseid72 14 Nov 2012 11:17PM GMT 
modmob 15 Nov 2012 12:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic