Search for content in message boards

Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Replies: 4

Re: Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Gordena Doering (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brzezowski
I researched the Ellis Island records for my Grandmother, Aniela Brzezowska. I found her arrival ( ship sailed from Bremen, Germany), on Jan. 28, 1913. The ship's manifest says she was going to an Antoni Brzezowski, in Youngstown, Ohio. I then researched Antoni Brzezowski in the Ellis Island records. I found 2 Antoni's.

One came over on Feb. 20, 1907, (ship sailed from Bremen), the city he came from was Kluzmina, Galicia (the city could be misspelled). I couldn't get the ship's manifest image to come up today, but I remember he was going to a "friend's", I think in NY. He was 26 and unmarried at that time. When I can get the ship's manifest image to come up I will check it out more thoroughly.

The other Antoni arrived 3/31/1907, ship sailed from Hamburg, city he was from was listed as Huta or Hula. He was 35 and married at the time. I don't remember his destination. Again, I will get more detailed information when I can access the ship's manifest.

All I have for now is the Ellis Island information. I don't know if the Antoni that ended up in Youngstown, Ohio in 1913, stayed in Ohio or moved to another location. My Grandmother married in Youngstown and had her first 2 babies there, but left and moved to Hamtramck, Michigan by 1917.

Maybe you can tell me about your Brzezowski line.

Regards, for now.
Gordena Doering
modmob@pacbell.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
modmob 13 Jul 2001 6:26PM GMT 
Anthony Brzezowski Jr 19 Aug 2001 5:02AM GMT 
Gordena Doering 19 Aug 2001 10:46PM GMT 
perseid72 14 Nov 2012 11:17PM GMT 
modmob 15 Nov 2012 12:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions