Search for content in message boards

Ludwig Krueger - Garkewitz, Kreis Lauenburg, Pommerin

Replies: 3

Ludwig Krueger - Garkewitz, Kreis Lauenburg, Pommerin

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KRUEGER, SEILS, MARTZ
Looking for more information on a family ancestor, Ludwig Krueger. He was married to a Henrietta and their son August Herman Seils was born 20 Feb 1845 in Garkewitz, Kreis Lauenburg, Pommerin. He emigrated in 07 Apr 1870 and later had his parents emigrate over to live with him.

First, from what I understand, Kreis means district, and Lauenburg is the German name for what is now called Lebork. Therefore I believe he was born in the Lebork district, but don't know what the polish word for Garkewitz is, and could not find that. So that would be one thing I'd like to know if possible?

Second, I would love to learn more about this family if possible. I also know:
Ludwig Krueger, born 15 Oct 1825; died 23 Oct 1878 in Beaver Creek Settlement, WI. He married Henrietta (Martz ? guess on her last name from family records) Unknown in Unknown.
and
Henrietta (Martz?), born 15 Apr 1820; died 31 Aug 1884 in Beaver Creek Settlement, WI

Here is my theory on the maiden name being Martz:
I believe her last name is Martz as it mentions at her sons death about her son staying with an Uncle August Martz. As August's paternal name is Seils, I deduce that his mother's maiden name is Martz. The only catch is if August is an Uncle by MARRYING a Seils, or MARRYING a sister to Henrietta, in which case her last name could be something entirely different!

Any help on either point would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully,

Kevin Strattan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kcascade 8 Jan 2013 10:58PM GMT 
your_roots_in... 14 Jan 2013 7:50PM GMT 
piesta 15 Jan 2013 7:20AM GMT 
Kcascade 15 Jan 2013 9:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions