Search for content in message boards

Thomas Orczyk Eva Kmiec Russian Poland

Replies: 1

Thomas Orczyk Eva Kmiec Russian Poland

Posted: 22 Apr 2011 9:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2011 9:45AM GMT
Surnames: Orczyk Kmiec
I am searching for information on the Orczyk surname and more specifically on my great great grandparents Thomas Orczyk and Eva Kmiec. Orczyk is a surname that appears to be rare and quite localized in Poland. The number of Orczyks in the United States is also limited. Based on ellis island records it appears my great grandfather immigrated to the US in 1901 with his brother Thomas, they note in the manifest that they would be traveling to see a brother who is noted a brother by Thomas, 1/2 brother to Josef. I am looking to find out more information about Eva Kmiec's potential previous marriages. The family history is localized to east central Poland which was occupied by the Russians after the break up of the Kingdom of Poland. Thomas and Josef specifically noted Kalisch as place of orgin, but other brothers note different areas in the same region, Jacob notes Kroceska and Andrzej notes Modly. Thomas's family notes they visited family in Modla in other ship manifests. The records for the surname are very limited in the Polish archives. Any information anyone might have that relates to these facts would be greatly appreciate, as well as any advice on where to look for more information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ShSissel 22 Apr 2011 3:53PM GMT 
klizzy 11 Jul 2012 4:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic