Posted: 15 Apr 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2004 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Bombek, Leszczyc, August, Malkowski, Baumbach

Subject:

PROVINCE NAME LOOKUP PLEASE

Date:

Sat, 4 Apr 1998 19:38:27 +0200

I am investigating the destiny of family BOMBEK. I collected some informations, but could not find if any descendans of this family live today in Poland.

Zbigniew Leszczyc, -Herby Szlachty Polskiej, Poznan:
Antoni Fiedler (publisher), 1908. Reprinted: London: Orbis Books, 1990. Here is what Leszczyc says under "Bombek": "Shield divided in two parts, in the red right one a golden lion, climbing upward with two paws, in the blue left
one a silver diagonal belt, decorated with five red roses. The Bombek family comes from the voievodeship of Sandomierz (1697). Jozef Bombek signed the election of Stanislaw August, as can be seen from the constitution of 1764. Also, the family Malkowski sign themselves with the same arms; this family is from the voievodeship of Plock, ennobled by the Diet in 1673. They proved their noble ancestry in the Polish Kingdom in 1825."

from the new CD-ROM "Teki Dworzaczka."
Stan. Bombek (1689)- Krzyszt. von Bombek (1720) as the Count of Konsky! Marj. Elizb. de Bombek (1778)

On the whole, Bombek being a German surname (Baumbach), and because of the political history of the region,
it might simply be that he came from Austria. Still, we must remember that Niesiecki tells us the Polish Bombeks
were from Sandomierz, which did indeed wind up in the Austrian Partition, so a connection to that family is not
impossible.

My dilemma is:

Is it possible to find out, if in Poland exists Bombek family today originating from the noble Bombek family from
the papers.
Best regards, Janez Bombek
SLOVENIA

Find a board about a specific topic