Search for content in message boards

PUKLOWSKI

Replies: 8

Re: PUKLOWSKI

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 12:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jan 2011 9:34AM GMT
Surnames: Puklowski, Herman, Kominski, Kaminski
Hi there, I was wondering if you ended up getting any more information on your question regarding the Puklowski name. I am also a decendent. I was born in New Zealand and my mum has now reverted back to Puklowski. I have been searching as much as I can regarding the Puklowski name,Carolina de Ott and thier parents.

I did get some interesting information regarding Carolina's mother with the madian name of Herman. I'm not sure if you know the backgrouund of this name or not however Herman is of German, english, dutch, croation, slovakian and to my surprise Jewish ashkenazi origin.

Wilhelms mother with the last name Kominski also has jewish ashkenazi roots. It does appear though that Kominski may be mis-spelt and it is Kaminski.

From what I have been able to find out about Prussia at the time, it was mainly made up of Protestants and jews. I also found out that Saalfeld is also a german, jewish place name for that region of east prussia.

Sorry didn't mean to go on and on however I found it very interesting, mainly because I am extremely interested in judaism. Anyway would love to hear if you have anymore information. Take care. Ronan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan D'Ott 13 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Dauniika Puklowski 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
suzydott 20 May 2002 1:14PM GMT 
ssfkane 11 Jan 2006 7:46PM GMT 
kanealison 22 Apr 2009 6:03AM GMT 
zl2tec 21 Feb 2010 12:59PM GMT 
kanedoorey 17 Apr 2010 8:39AM GMT 
ronanarmani 3 Jan 2011 7:57PM GMT 
Lindiberry 15 Feb 2013 7:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions