Search for content in message boards

Kalisz/Kalisch and Krasnopol 1800s to 1900

Replies: 2

Kalisz/Kalisch and Krasnopol 1800s to 1900

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klepacki, Klepacka, Klepaccy, Klepackiego, Klepadlo, Klepascz, Klepacke, Blascyk, Blasczyk, Blasczyzk, Blaschik

Areas: Kalisz/Kalisch, Wielkopolska Voivodship, Poland (German Prowinz, Poznan, Prussia) prior to 1914 and Krasnopol, Gmina Krasnopol, Sejny County, Podlaskie Voivodship, NE Poland

Trying to find information on my Grandfather, two of his brothers, his sister and his wife - my Grandmother's families. I have included all names that I've come across in my searches - I know for certain that my grandfather spelled his name "Zygmunt" but others who have listed my grandfather as a relative have information from other sites that show the spelling(s) incorrectly; one of the facets of family research that makes it such a challenge.

Zygmundt/Siegmund/Sigmund Klepacki B. June 6th 1877, 78 or 79 @ Krosnopol, gmina Krasnopol, Sejny County, Podlaskie Voivodship NE Poland. Also listed as "Suwalki"

** Note: there are two other locations in Poland which could be confused with my family's "Krasnopol" - "Old Krasnopol" now known as "Nizankowice, Stary Sambor, Lwow (Lviv) Province - by the 19th C, this region was no longer known as Krasnopol. AND - Krasnopol Zytomierz Province, Ukraine - located too far east into the Ukraine to be connected logically to Zalisz, Weilkopolska.

He had two brothers and one sister: also born in Poland: Leon/Leo Klepacki

Casimiri/Casimir/Kasimir/Kazimir Klepacki

Josephine/Josefa/Jozefa Klepacki

Zygmundt/Leon/Casimiri/Josephine - left the area of Poland between 1900-1906. Settled in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA and New York, New York USA. They were born between 1875 and 1890.

Family names which seem to have been 'handed down' from my Grandfather and his brothers are:

Zygmundt/Michael/Mikael /Josef/Stanislaw/Stanislawa/ - Tadeuz/Eddie

My paternal grandmother, Stanislawa Blasczyzk

Born May 08, 1888 or 1889 born in Kalisz (German Kalisch) Weilkopolska (Greater Poland) Voivodship, Poland (German, Prowinz, Poznan, Prussia) - close to "Stary Gostkow" Note that up until 1914, Kalisz/Kalisch was still part of Prussia and 19th century documents there might use either or both spellings of Kalisz.

Stansilawa and possibly a sister, Bronislawa or a brother Bronislaw/Bronislaus, immigrated approx 1904. Born between dates 1889/1890 I do not know what became of Bronislawa Blasczyzk or the brother -

I am trying to find further information about their lives in Poland or elsewhere. The marriage of my grandparents, Zygmunt and Stanislawa - was arranged when my grandmother was only 5 years old. He was quite a bit older than she was.

After originally settling in Hudson County, Jersey City, NJ, the three brothers split up - Zygmunt's family staying in Hudson County NJ, while Leon and Casimir/Charles - left the area for New York City, Kings County and eventually going on to wisconsin and pennsylvania.

Leo/Leon Klepacki was buried at Holy Cross Cemetery, Hudson County, Hudson NJ - along with many of this line of Klepacki family members, including Zygmunt and Stella.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. You may email me directly at

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
klepackim 6 Nov 2012 12:32PM GMT 
JerryFrank59 29 Nov 2012 3:56PM GMT 
LostQuays 16 Dec 2012 2:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic