Search for content in message boards

Request Info. on Klein Dallenthin, Neustettin (now, Dalecinko, Szcsecinek)

Replies: 7

Request Info. on Klein Dallenthin, Neustettin (now, Dalecinko, Szcsecinek)

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 11:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kroll, Wruck
Information Request on:
KLEIN DALLENTHIN, NEUSTETTIN, POMMERN, GERMANY (pre 1945)
(now, DALECINKO, SZCZECINEK, ZACHODNIOPOMORSKIE, POLAND

Klein Dallenthin is 8Km N of NEUSTETTIN (now, SZCZECINEK) a very small village/hamlet of only two or three houses judging by the Google Satellite, although the image is unclear. I assume these houses are farmhouses, without even, it seems, a proper road leading to the village. I would be pleased to hear if anyone has any information regarding this village, its history, the people living there and the surrounding area. Any photographs would be ideal as well. If anyone has knowledge of Churches and burial places in local villages and in the general area, as well as in Klein Dallenthin, it would be very welcome.

There must have been houses there in 1899 as my grandfather was born there in that year. His name was Paul Kroll. When he was young he moved to the WESTFALEN area of Germany, and lived in WERNE after he married, but his family stayed in the BUBLITZ / NEUSTETTIN area of POMMERN. As he was born in Klein Dallenthin his family, probably, also lived there, but I have not established that for certain. I only possess limited details from this period, but according to a document I have from the1930s, his mother and father lived in a different village, although they had both died by then. I would like conformation that his family actually lived in Klein Dallenthin around 1900, but I am doubtful if records would still exist for small villages such as this after all this time. I know Paul Kroll had two brothers who died in WW I, and two half-sisters, and his birth was registered in SPARSEE (now, SPORE) a few Km north. Any information on this village would be welcome.

Other villages which may have significance to me as home towns of my ancestors are:

DARGEN (now, DARGIN) 15Km NW of BUBLITZ (now, BOBOLICE)
JURHOW (now, JUCHOWO) 15Km SW of NEUSTETTIN (now, SZCZECINEK)
WUCKEL (now, OKOLE - Zachodniopomorskie) 25Km SW of NEUSTETTIN
WURCHOW (now, WIERZCHOWO) 18Km N of NEUSTETTIN

Some of these places may even relate to the WRUCK side of my family, but I do not have exact details yet. Any information would be gratefully received.

Paul

Email: paulsteven.kroll@hotmail.co.uk
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paulstevenkro... 24 Sep 2010 5:55PM GMT 
guentertimm 13 May 2012 3:31PM GMT 
paulstevenkro... 22 May 2012 4:19PM GMT 
guentertimm 25 May 2012 2:04PM GMT 
guentertimm 25 May 2012 2:08PM GMT 
guentertimm 25 May 2012 2:08PM GMT 
paulstevenkro... 1 Jun 2012 5:02PM GMT 
bobuebel 24 Jun 2012 1:57AM GMT 
per page