Search for content in message boards

Researching pre-1800 records in Slovakia

Replies: 1

Researching pre-1800 records in Slovakia

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 12:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hrusovsky
I am researching the Hrusovsky family in Slovakia. I would like to find out as much information as I can about the originations of this family ... the whens, wheres, and wherefroms.

The information I have thus far is as follows:

A researcher told me that from historic books and records, there were 3 Hrusovsky families in the village of Dubodiel, on the Banovce Castle Estate. This is just over the hill from Selec and Trencianske Stankovce. (In Trencianske Stankovce there are Hrusovsky’s in the Church records as well that I would like to obtain information on).

The book states that one of the three Hrusovsky estates was deserted (not sure about this ... if there were 3 Hrusovsky families or 3 Hrusovsky estates). At this time, I do not know if that estate had 1 or more Hrusovsky families, only that it was deserted. Some of the Hrusovsky’s left Dubodiel shortly before 1649 and settled on the other side of the hills in the Stankovce, Beckov area. They later moved to Nove Mesto where we find them in 1785 church records. Unfortunately, the church records are not covering all the years from 1649 until 1785, so the migration path they took is not certain.

Hopefully someone out there has more information on these families so I can track where they came from or how these Hrusovsky's relate to my Hrusovsky family that we have proof of back to Jozef Hrusovsky b. 1834 in Mnesice, Slovakia, m. Anna Rohac 12 Feb 1860 in Nove Mesto n. Vahom, Slovakia.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JHrusovszky 27 Jul 2012 6:31PM GMT 
OnesanNessa 8 Dec 2012 2:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic