Search for content in message boards

Carpathian Reflections website

Replies: 0

Carpathian Reflections website

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have created a website called Carpathian Reflections to share the results of some research I have done over the past year on a collection of records held by LDS for the Greek Catholic Munkacs diocese. The diocese covered Transcarpathia including eastern Slovakia .You will find the website at www.carpathianreflections.com

The original catalogue listing is in Cyrillic and does not give place names. I have started to index these films with locality names for the parish records. There is also a lot of other information on these films, some of whichI have transcribed or partially extracted. While the majority of the data relates to greek catholics, there are some records relating to marriages between people of different faiths. The films include various parish records from Bereg, Ung, Ugocsa and Maramaros, Zemplen, Szabolcs and Szatmar counties of the former Austro-Hungarian empire. to date the majority of the records are written in Hungarian or Latin.

Although parish records for Slovakia have been well documented by LDS and indexed by their volunteers, records for certain locations can be incomplete. I hope that in this collection you will find missing parish records that will help you in your family search. For example for Zboj, there are records for 1895-1896 which are not found in the LDS collection.

To view the website you need to use internet explorer version 9. Otherwise use GoogleChrome. You will also need a Google Docs or Google Drive account to view the database information. I ask that everyone who uses this site to transcribe a line of data collection on the projects page every time you visit the site. It only takes about 3 minutes.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions