Search for content in message boards

Zubko, Sotak, Yankura (Jancura or Yankora)

Replies: 17

Zubko, Sotak, Yankura (Jancura or Yankora)

Marietta (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 12:31PM GMT
I am trying to find anything I can regarding the above names. John Zubko(my Mother's father) and his sister, Anna Kadilak had a father John and his wife was Anna Sotak. John the son was born supposedly born in Hungary, February 14, 1893 and died around September, 1976. John had a niece by the name of Bertha Hromlack. They lived in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. That is about all I know about John and I don't have any information about my great grandmother, Anna Sotak.
The other name I am trying to find something about is Yankura (Yancura, Yankora, Jancura) which I believe their name had been changed when coming to the states. Anna Yankura (or possibly Mary Anna or vice versa) supposedly came from Austria but then I was also told she may have come from Slovakia. My mother had always thought that she was Sylvanian. Her family settled in the Uniontown, Pennsylvania area. She had a brother Albert, Michael, Steve and there was a Julia and may have been more. I heard that one of the brothers went to California to work on the railroad or something and became blind from an explosion. Some of the family also settled in McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania. My grandmother, Anna had 5 children, Margaret, Helen, John, Albert and Mary. Also, I believe that some of the Yankura family may be living in the New York area. I think one of the my Mother's Uncle's wife moved there when she was in her 80's to be with one of their children. Is there anyone who has any information in regards to these names?? Will appreciate any help at all no matter how small. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marietta 31 Jul 2001 6:31PM GMT 
Keltie Zubko 5 Aug 2001 5:58PM GMT 
Jan Jancura 31 Aug 2001 12:27PM GMT 
Marietta 2 Sep 2001 9:39PM GMT 
Mark Sabol 2 Oct 2001 3:28AM GMT 
s_zupko 25 May 2009 12:16AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 25 May 2009 8:35PM GMT 
s_zupko 26 May 2009 11:41PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 27 May 2009 12:09AM GMT 
s_zupko 27 May 2009 12:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions