Search for content in message boards

Looking for Information: Israel Eiser(Isser) Sevin or Levin of Russia/Poland/Belarus/Ukraine

Replies: 24

Looking for Information: Israel Eiser(Isser) Sevin or Levin of Russia/Poland/Belarus/Ukraine

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for Information: Israel Eiser(Isser) Sevin or Levin of Russia/Poland/Belarus/Ukraine<--not sure

Israel would of been my Great Great Great Grandfather.

His daughter, my Great Great Grandmother, was Haddasha/Hodes Sevin/Levin - Zolotnicka Zolotnitzky (ZOLOTMUTSKY) Zolatnitzky(not sure of the spellings-different on different documents).

Hodes' daughter Rose Zlotnick-Markowtiz was my Great Grandmother, her daughter, Kate Lillian Markowitz-Miller was my Grandmother, and my Mother was Nadine Fern Miller-Hersh.

Hodes' tombstone(attached) in Mt. Hebron says "Daughter of Israel Eiser(Isser?)"Hodes Zolotnitzky....(I have her tombstone attached to her record on my family tree-Erica Hersh's Family Tree-public view) Per multiple NY State Wedding License info, states Hodes' maiden name as Sevin, 1 says Levin..not sure which is right, but S and L could be intertwined if in Script....

Hodes' NY State Death Records states: Hodes Zolatnitzky...

Hodes was born abt 1845-1849 in Stonin, (Poland) now Ukraine - died 23 Nov 1924 in NY. She came to the US/NY in 1923, bec. she had ill/Alzheimer's(which they didn't know about back then). All of her children, that we are aware of, were born in Horodyszcze, Russia/Poland, now Ukraine.

I'm thinking Israel would of probably been born in/abt 1820-ish...

I don't know anything else about them.

Any hints, tips, etc. would be of great help at this point...I'm not sure where else to look...I've looked on JewishGen.org, can't find anything matching, or anything in cemeteries/Holocaust Records...

I've searched SteveMorse.org, nothing, Geni.com, nothing, Mocavo.com, nothing, Google, nothing...

Thank you so much for your help,
Erica
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Erica Hersh 28 Sep 2012 1:13AM GMT 
tabbinosity 28 Sep 2012 1:32AM GMT 
Erica Hersh 28 Sep 2012 2:10AM GMT 
tabbinosity 28 Sep 2012 6:36AM GMT 
tabbinosity 28 Sep 2012 6:54AM GMT 
Andrei Burden... 30 Sep 2012 10:56AM GMT 
tabbinosity 30 Sep 2012 11:23AM GMT 
Erica Hersh 30 Sep 2012 7:27PM GMT 
Andrei Burden... 30 Sep 2012 7:35PM GMT 
Erica Hersh 30 Sep 2012 8:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions