Search for content in message boards

Sarcevic family history (any information?)

Replies: 2

Re: Sarcevic family history (any information?)

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 10:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sarcevic, Šarčević
OK. I might be replying 11 years later, but this perhaps could be of some use to you.

I know several persons with the Sarcevic (Šarčević in Croatian) last name. The two most prominent nowadays are both in Sarajevo, and their names are: Ivan Šarčević (a Franciscan, professor of theology and editor of a Catholic monthly magazine "Svjetlo riječi". He can easily be contacted by e-mail, just google the magazine) and Abdulah Šarčević (a philosopher, also from Sarajevo). Ivan Šarčević's family is originally from the Zvirnjača Mountain near the town of Prozor and the Franciscan Monastery of Rama-Šćit, Bosnia and Herzegovina (perhaps you should search their church records that go well into the 18th century, I believe). I believe that John Malkovich, the actor, traces his roots to Zvirnjača as well. Ivan Šarčević's family nowadays lives in Požega, Croatia.

Also I have a good friend that goes by the name Šarčević, so I can bring you two in touch if you'd like.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sarcevic 11 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
A 23 Sep 2001 3:49PM GMT 
Branimir Mlak... 5 Jun 2012 4:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions