Search for content in message boards

Geloff/Balabon/Balaban family Members

Replies: 7

Re: Geloff/Balabon/Balaban family Members

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Balabon Geloff Minow Kalianoff
Rick, I knew both the Balabon and Peter and Irene Geloff families from the Tuttle ND area. I attended grade school with Peter,Dorothy,Janie and possible Norman and Thomas. I am trying to obtain information regarding the immigration of the Bulgarians to Suvorovo Ukraine in Russia. Suvorovo was not in Bulgaria, it is in the Ukraine. I think this immigration took place between 1800 and 1850. I also think it took place because the Romanians and Turks took turns taking over Bulgaria with extreme cruelty. I have also heard that the Bulgarians ran away through the forest at night and rested during the day. If they had small children that cried they had to kill them so they would not be found. All of this is facts I heard as a child and would like to learn if it was all true. I have checked the history of Bulgaria to see if there is any information regarding Bulgarians leaving Bulgaria and settling in the Ukraine. I have not been successful. I would be very, very intested in any information you can find regarding the Balabon and Geloff families because my parents came from the same village. The changing of the name Geloff name interested me. My mother was a Minow from the same area that Peter Geloff came from---it was an area near Olive Montana, between Miles City and Broadus Montana. My Dad was George Kalianoff and he farmed a few miles from the Peter Geloff and Balabon families. Please let me hear from you. Thank you1111 Anne Kalianoff iszler ---abiszler@comcast.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rickgeloff1 23 Jul 2007 6:42PM GMT 
Joe1961_1 19 Sep 2007 2:15PM GMT 
rickgeloff1 19 Sep 2007 2:22PM GMT 
mstrporsche 23 Jan 2011 4:50AM GMT 
melissamaxey4... 18 Mar 2008 10:45PM GMT 
alexbul_1 24 Jan 2011 1:08PM GMT 
bultara 5 Feb 2011 1:16AM GMT 
abiszler 13 Sep 2012 6:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions