Search for content in message boards

Frank Bubanj and Mildred Polich

Replies: 10

Re: Surnames Bubanj and Polich

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Racki, Kauzlaric
Linda, My 2gr-grandfather, Luka Racki and his wife, Antoinette Kauzlaric both immigrated from Fuzine with their 4 children in 1892. Luka traveled first and achieved employment in Streator, Illinois as a coal miner during the worst depression in history, at that point. Antoinette followed later that year with the children. Three years later they moved to Appanoose, Iowa where Luka, once again, gained employment as a coal miner. By 1900 the family moved again to Toluca, Illinois where, you got it, he worked in the coal mines. By 1907 Luka worked as an engineer for the city pump and apparently owned lodging where he housed 11 coal miners and one section boss all listed place of birth as Austria/Croatian. I list 17 Nov 1914 as the date of death for Luka in Chicago, but do not have a source and so far unable to locate his grave, obit or any death data. I have some pictures of the family and have heard that they were educated. I also have heard they come from the 'wealthy' side of my Croatian families. I have a few pictures of the family and they do appear to have some wealth, that is to say, they do not look poverty stricken. I have tracked down some Racki cousins in Phoenix, AZ local, but not as successful with the Kauzlaric side.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
deedeenew 30 Nov 2012 3:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic