Search for content in message boards

Emmanuel M. Mouzakis

Replies: 7

Re: EMANUAL M. MOUZAKIS

Posted: 9 Apr 2014 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mouzakis
Hi, I realize this post is about 13 years old, but I came across this today and had to respond!

Emanual "Mike" Mouzakis married my great grandmother Albina Trucano, May 29, 1924 in Boone, IA (She was from Bevier, Macon, Missouri and Italian). On the marriage certificate, it was listed as Mike's second marriage (he was 29) and my g-grandmother's 1st (she was 19). Later in Nov 1924 my great aunt Tina (Constance Mouzakis) was born in Bevier, MO. There is a census that was taken in 1925 in Des Monies, Iowa and he is listed as "Mike G. Mouzakis" (just like on the marriage certificate to my g-grandmother). He is there with Albina and Constance and they were listed a "lodgers". One great thing about this census is that they also list the mother and father's names and birth places of the person in the census. So under Mike G. Mouzakis, it lists his father's name as Gus Mouzakis (born in Greece) and mother Mavropelis Dionizio (born in Greece). On August 11, 1926 my great uncle Jim (James Mouzakis) was born in Des Monies, IA. By the 1930 census, Albina was back home in Bevier, MO living with her 2 children (Constance and James Mouzakis) with her mother Domenica Trucano (Minnie) and her future second husband (my great grandfather) Pete Beltramo. Albina is listed as divorced on the 1930 census. My relatives, Constance and James Mouzakis were adopted by my great grandfather (Pete Beltramo) and took his last name. 1930 census for Mike Mouzakis, he is now remarried to Ida, living in Detroit, MI with two children, Mitchell (born about 1926 in MI) and James (born about 1928 in MI). There is also a Stephan (Steve Mitchell) Mouzakis relation: brother to Mike and John Kodykoc relation: cousin...Interesting stuff!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark 12 Jul 2000 10:08AM GMT 
IRENE MOUZAKIS HENSLEY 13 Apr 2001 4:31PM GMT 
Mark 16 Apr 2001 7:17PM GMT 
Mark 16 Apr 2001 8:51PM GMT 
mqbow 9 Apr 2014 10:00PM GMT 
filmwaves 10 Apr 2014 5:00AM GMT 
Irene_Hensley 3 Aug 2014 10:35PM GMT 
mqbow 5 Aug 2014 6:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic