That is very exciting that you found my GGrandfather George and his wife Maria Vourvachakis(I had not found this spelling) in Crete in 1830 and that his grandson,Evangelos, my grandfather on Milos. Could you tell me where you found the source of such great information or if the documentation is available for me to download or purchase for my records?
If you would like any of my primary source information please let me know your email address and I will send it to you.
- My mother and aunts have told me that my grndfather had two sisters Anna, and Sofia.
- My mothers godfather was Steve Damos who came with my grandfather on the same ship to America so he was probably also from Milos.
- My aunts godfather was Apostolos(Paul)Ladakis(no other information)
- On my grandfathers application for a Social Secutity Account number.
Angelos Ladakis, b. Milos Greece
Fathers full name: Stilianos Yeoryiladakis
Mothers full name: Mariyo Mburmbahaki
(Both written by Angelos)
- On his USA citizenship application he writes
Evangelos Yeoryiladakis known as Angelos Ladakis
- On his record of preliminary examination
Evangelos Georgiladakis is typed but signed as Evangelos Yeoryiladakis alias Angelos Ladakis
James Fitros (Fitrakis) married Evangelos sister Helen (Elini)and their 1927 ships arrival passenger list states the following:
Mother: M. Georgdadakis, Adamas, Greece (this document also mentions cousin Paul Ladakis that they were going to live with in Philiadelphia, PA)also that Helens last residence was Adamas, Greece and James was born Criti, Greece (Kedonea)
another document mentions James father as Nicholas Fitros of Kydonea, Crete
Sorry for the long post... just excited about the new information!