Search for content in message boards

Kanavos family immigrated to US in early 1900s

Replies: 23
Posted: 4 Aug 2009 8:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kanavos
Dear Betty,

So sorry it is taking me some time to get the papers scanned. I thought I could do it at the library, but that was a no go. My brother said I could do it from his office, so I plan to go by there.

I do remember Jim and Violet, so does my Mother and yes we were related. He was my father's cousin from what she can remember. I was born and raised in Chicago, we moved to Tennessee(Tn is where my mother is from) in the 70's. My father was always in the resturant business.

When Dad first came to America, he went to Chicago, because that is where some of his family was and they provided him a home and job. I still have relatives that live there. Made contact with my cousin from there on this site. Which is amazing.

This is a really amazing journey. My sister and I hope to go to Greece in the spring also. So maybe we will meet and discover we are distant cousins :)

I will get those papers to you asap. Again, sorry it has taken me so long. I will do my best to get it done. On the papers it may be so faded that you may not see it on a copy. I will see what I can do to fix that. My brother has the high tech. stuff so I'm hoping we can. He is excited about what I am doing. He was not aware I had Dad's passport, he was amazed... I found it in his things after he passed.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted. You can directly email me at greekhillbilly@yahoo.com if you like.

Take care!

~Katerina~

What does "offlist" mean?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
greekhillbill... 4 Aug 2009 2:14PM GMT 
tarekchehidi 5 Aug 2009 4:46AM GMT 
bjkjell 6 Aug 2009 3:53PM GMT 
katikanavos 9 May 2013 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions