Search for content in message boards

Olympos, Is. Karpathos, Greece-Maiden name of Virginia An. Kastellorizios

Replies: 10

Re: Olympos, Is. Karpathos, Greece-Maiden name of Virginia An. Kastellorizios

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Nicholas, What a wonderful surprise to find your message this morning.
Yes, I am still working on my Kastellorizios research, but I still have lots of missing information to find. In the 1980's I was in Greece several times, in Rhodes and Karpathos and met many of the family elders who were able to give me much information on the family. Because I was just begining my work on the family history there were many questions I neglected to ask. I do not read or speak Greek and because I am older now I came to learning the computer late. In Greece I was given the names of, Giannis,Mihalis, Antonios(my great-grandfather),Nicoloas,Marina, and a un-named son who was probably,Ioannis b.abt 1771. These were all known children of Capt. Vasiliou Yiannis Kalafatas Kastellorizios. It was there I learned of the name change from Kalafatas to Kastellorizios. Most of the family I met in Rhodes were from Giannis b.1834. They told me that there were other families members in Kalymnos, they were of Mihalis lines, but they had little information on them. So yes, we are of the same family. Iam Toni Monaghan, the daughter of Antonios-Tony/b.1923in USA s/o Vasiliou Antonios b.1899 in Olympos. s/o Antonios Vasiliou Kastellorizios b.1873 in Karpathos. It would be so nice if we could share information. I live in Port St. Lucie, Florida USA. Do you still live in Kalymnos? If you wish to E-mail me directly, my e-mail address monaghanr@comcast.net. My home address is: 2477 SW Chestnut Lane, Port St. Lucie, Florida 34953. I hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely a cousin, Toni
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
monaghanr 30 Jan 2013 3:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions