Search for content in message boards

Seeking help with surnames "Psaledakis" and "Zoulenakis"

Replies: 8

Re: Seeking help with surnames "Psaledakis" and "Zoulenakis"

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 5:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
In ANY case, you should have started an entirely new thread. This thread had nothing to do with anything remotely resembling "Coultas". The only similarity was the request for help with the original name.

I've been researching for over 40 years, and online for over 20 now (starting with the Bulletin Boards in the 80s).

On KEY to success is ensuring you're in touch with the right audience. Look at the SUBJECT of the discussion. If your discussion is related to THAT discussion, continue it, but if it is a "side" discussion, either start a new thread, or put "Was blah blah blah now blah blah blah." so that people who follow these threads realize it's changed. Also, for those who DON'T use it, on the Ancestry message boards, there is a little box under this text entry box in which to enter surnames that are part of the post, making it easier for others to locate "discussions" of interest.

Personally, I could care less about Coultas, that has only managed to clutter my inbox with alerts about someone responding to my initial posting, when, in fact, that isn't the case at all.

In the old days, we'd call this "hijacking the thread." I'm not asking anyone to apologize or remove comments, simply to understand how this is all SUPPOSED to work. You just happened to be the one that set my tolerance limit off, so *I* apologize for that...

Peace,

Jared
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jared Handspi... 11 Apr 2013 6:44PM GMT 
filmwaves 11 Apr 2013 9:23PM GMT 
Jared Handspi... 12 Apr 2013 11:06AM GMT 
Stephen Yung 14 Jun 2013 5:33PM GMT 
filmwaves 14 Jun 2013 8:59PM GMT 
Stephen Yung 14 Jun 2013 11:27PM GMT 
Jared Handspi... 15 Jun 2013 11:47AM GMT 
filmwaves 15 Jun 2013 11:52AM GMT 
filmwaves 15 Jun 2013 10:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions