Search for content in message boards

Panagiotis Zizos

Replies: 22

Re: Panagiotis Zizos

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
From the top down, Georgios Zizos.. It is spelled that way only because we are assuming his name was George and I tried to spell it like it sounds in Greek. Sounds like "Yorgo".

I don't recall how I got his wife's name Maria Zizou. This could certainly be inaccurate. Should I leave it there or remove it?

His son Panagiotis (G. for George) Zizos, his American name is Peter George Zizos. He is my paternal grandfather.

See attached for his wife Paraskeve Zizos. Her name is listed there as Parakevoula Zizou on the passenger list in 1920. I assume the person writing the info in NY must have gone by what the immigrant stated? Then, there is the same challenge of writing and spelling a spoken word. Her American name is sometimes Patricia or Paula. My middle name is Patricia, named after her.

I have been told that all previous generations are 100% Greek.

Further down, George Peter Zizos is correct. He was my fathers brother. I knew him personally. He was born in the US. The middle name is Panagiotis, which is Peter in Greek.

Cleo Argyros is a great Greek name going back over 1100 years - this is very interesting, please tell me more!

"Thomas" Efthimios Zizos - see attached image, see the passenger list from 1912. He is a brother to my grandfather, Panagiotis (G. for George) Zizos, born 1890 in Galaxidi, Greece. It is a fact that they are brothers, but my BIG question is, who else are his brothers?********

I know that his brothers are George and Thomas, but I'm not 100% sure about Zissimos Zizos, as I do not have proof. There is a family story.... that the Zizos' were fishermen, and when they were on land, they were "Tinsmiths". The family still has (3) sea-going trunks with initials and dates, will a lot of tin work on the edges. I am awaiting photos. The story states that "Ziso" was a very good tinsmith, and may have been adopted by the family as he was a poor orphan, with possibly a sister that was "taken in" by the family. I'm not 100% on this story, if it relates to Zissimos Zizos or not.

Zissimos Zizos went on to have a son, Andreas Zissimos Zizos, who became a well know shipping Captain in his day. There is a family photo of my father, Andreas P. Zizos standing next to the other Andreas Z. Zizos. He also had a son Isidoros Zizos, and his son is Zisimos Isidoros Zizos, who I am friends with. He lives in Greece and we are trying to prove the family connection.

To add a new twist, I have another friend, Panagiotis Zizos, who lives in Athens, Greece too. (See attached image). He was told by this father, Nicholas. Zizos, born in 1901, that there were (10) brothers and sisters, and they were all poor, so they were raised here and there, by the Zizos family, and others. So my logical hypothesis, is that we could all be related. Zizos is not that common of a name. You can look up his tree under the Panagiotis Zizos Family Tree on Ancestry, and see the attached image. What are your thoughts on this?

Jennie, was names Jennie by her parents because she was the first child born in the US, so they wanted her to have an "American name". Jennie didn't like her name and later, legally changed her name to Janice.

Thank you so much for helping me. I am very grateful. xoxoxo

-Nicole Zizos Gulledge.

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nicole Gulled... 25 Apr 2013 2:08PM GMT 
filmwaves 25 Apr 2013 9:13PM GMT 
Nicole Gulled... 26 Apr 2013 12:20PM GMT 
filmwaves 26 Apr 2013 9:16PM GMT 
Nicole Gulled... 27 Apr 2013 12:32AM GMT 
filmwaves 27 Apr 2013 1:28AM GMT 
Nicole Gulled... 27 Apr 2013 3:26AM GMT 
filmwaves 27 Apr 2013 5:14AM GMT 
filmwaves 28 Apr 2013 7:06AM GMT 
Nicole Gulled... 10 May 2013 10:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions