Search for content in message boards

Chryssa Yialitaki

Replies: 4

Re: Chryssa Yialitaki

Posted: 14 May 2013 6:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to thank you. You have helped me more than you know.

By your translation, the name, Peter Moschovitis, who was the Uncle of my Yiayia, Chryssa Poulos, (her name in the US), I was able to talk last night to his granddaughter, and thank her. Her grandfather saved my grandmother from the fires in Smyrna, and helped her escape. I was able to tell her the stories I know, and she was very happy because she knows very little of her family. I am so happy to finally learn his name!

My mother, Poppy Poulos, wrote to me last night with several interesting twists.

Here are her comments:

Peter Moskovitos married Stella (I don't know her maiden name but she is the sister of Irene).

They had 5 children----John, George, Litsa, Moscha and Helen

Peter Moskovitos had a sister named Despina (who married Tom Poulos (my father's brother) and a brother named James.

Helen Moskovitos married Stelios Siderias from Chios. They had 5 children named Michael, Stella, Virginia, Sophia and Despina.

You may find information on Stelios Siderias because he wasn't from Smyrna and there may be information about him in Chios. Stelios is commonly called Steven in the US.

Now I have to research more.

One last thing, my Yiayia's last name has always been "Yialitaki" to me. But with your translation, I now have the possible proper spelling of Gialitakis vs Yialitaki. This should help immensely.

Thank you so much!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NicoleGulledg... 12 May 2013 4:27AM GMT 
filmwaves 12 May 2013 7:32AM GMT 
filmwaves 12 May 2013 9:30AM GMT 
NicoleGulledg... 14 May 2013 12:51PM GMT 
filmwaves 15 May 2013 12:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic