Search for content in message boards

Hronopoulos family in Greece...trying to find you!

Replies: 2

Hronopoulos family in Greece...trying to find you!

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 11:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hronopoulos, Hronopplos, Peters, Petters
I have posted before about my great grandfather Louis Petters (Leonedas Hronopoulos) who came over from Greece to the U.S. After much digging into records and what not, I have finally found where in Greece he came from. He arrived in the US at the age of 33 in 1914. His home town is listed as Egion, Greece. (Aigio, Greece) He is also listed as married on the ship manifest for the Martha Washington, the ship he was on that brought him over. The port they sailed from is Patras. I know he had to have stayed in New York for a bit, then from what my yia-yia tells me, he was in Chicago with his first wife. (I don't know if she is the same wife he is married to when he came over..) She died in a car accident. He eventually wound up here in Wyoming, and I know he had a barber shop in Laramie. He also ran one out of his house here in Green River, where my yia-yia was born. He died when she was 12, in 1955, in a car accident...He also had a third wife, Anna, and she had three children by another man. I know that he only had a third grade education because he had to drop out of school, due to the war. I am so thankful to find out where he came from, but we have no information about why he left Greece or anything about his family. (Yia-yia says that he had many siblings, 7 or 9 of them, but that's all we know.) This is my next step, to find out about my family. We have pictures of him, and a picture of a girl that I believe is his niece. The name Christina Christodoulou is written on the front, and on the back in Greek is a message to my great grandpa in which he is referred to as "uncle." I need to have it translated again, but I can do that here in town. I am desperate to know anything, if you have any leads on this I would be most grateful. My email is amethyst_2007@hotmail.com. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amethyst2007 22 Aug 2013 5:03PM GMT 
NicoleGulledg... 23 Aug 2013 6:54PM GMT 
amethyst2007 27 Aug 2013 6:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic