Search for content in message boards

Tsiampas Geneology

Replies: 23

Re: Tsiampas Geneology

Posted: 3 Dec 2013 3:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is not the right forum for this type of discussions; however, I have no choice but to answer.
Greece is not much different to USA. The only difference is that in USA the slaves were “taken” from Africa and are a different color, they are visible and they are discriminated even today.
In Greece, the slaves were predominantly Europeans and were and are invisible today. One of the largest (if not the largest) Slave bazaars in Europe was in Candia (Heraklion) Crete. It is well documented.

Albania was Greek for centuries and many villages have Greek names, even today it is called North Ypirus.
The number of Greeks of Albanian descent in USA is also substantial, I could say 1 in every 4 Greeks is of Albanian descent, all you have to do is read obituaries. Something you obviously never do.

During the Mistra Empire period, the Palaiologos family employed ONLY Albanian soldiers, 10’s of thousands of them, because they were the best those days. After the fall of Mistra, towards the end of the 15th century, the soldiers and their families (yes they did get married) settled in many Greek Islands, as well as in other places. Many celebrated Greek heroes like Kountouriotis were of Albania descent (but you knew that).

Today, the number of rich Albanian families in Greece is substantial. There are provinces in Greece near Athens, where residents speak predominantly an Albania dialect. Some Albanian aristocratic families living in Greece are: Arianitis, Dukagjin, Bua, Bubica, Misura, Musakis, Ghika, Chelmis, Dusmanis, Dragoumis, Skoutzis and many others I do not recall this moment or not sure if they are Albanian or Serbian (like Karatzas (Caradja)). I do not mention the Albanias because I prefer them. We are all equal I do not discriminate.

As far as myself is concern, I am a Byzantine Greek. Direct Paternal Like Skordylis (dating back to year 900), Direct Maternal Line Vlastos (dating Back to year 82).
I do not ask about your family because you haven’t started yet.
I search for the truth. Do you?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
weldun2369 3 Dec 2013 3:30PM GMT 
Nicholas Tsia... 3 Dec 2013 3:40PM GMT 
filmwaves 3 Dec 2013 10:07PM GMT 
Nicholas Tsia... 3 Dec 2013 10:37PM GMT 
filmwaves 4 Dec 2013 1:13AM GMT 
filmwaves 4 Dec 2013 1:22AM GMT 
Nicholas Tsia... 4 Dec 2013 1:32AM GMT 
filmwaves 4 Dec 2013 3:19AM GMT 
Nicholas Tsia... 4 Dec 2013 3:49AM GMT 
Nicholas Tsia... 4 Dec 2013 2:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions