Search for content in message boards

Cretean Ancestors SOMARAKI/DIMITRIOU

Replies: 6

Re: Cretean Ancestors SOMARAKI/DIMITRIOU

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I did not realise the family tree was yours, I receive many requests every day and Ignore them.

I had a quick look. Theoretically, I should be able to help you but practically my PC broke down and I can not access my Data base. My Apple computer does not handle the Software.

Chrysanthi Dimitrou was obviously born in Crete because she is not registered and her date of birth coincides with the applications for refugee status. Off course, those days parents used to register girls years later so that age does not show. It was easier to find a husband for a 16 year old girl than for a 21, an old women those days. So her date of birth may not be accurate.
Her sister Maria is not in any records either and neither is her father Konstantinos. Her mother Eleni Vasiliou also from Asia Minor appears in one of the records under her maiden name (?) born 1892.
I can see at least 12 Dimitriou and at least 10 Vassiliou families, applying and receiving "refugee" status in 1922

It will take a month until I know who is who. Without my PC everything looks Chinese to me.

Some corrections: Konstantinos, Georgios, Mario (Marigo); Tsitsidakis; Chrysanthi; Vassiliou;
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MRPalmerIII 1 Dec 2013 6:21PM GMT 
filmwaves 1 Dec 2013 9:40PM GMT 
MRPalmerIII 1 Dec 2013 10:53PM GMT 
filmwaves 1 Dec 2013 11:11PM GMT 
MRPalmerIII 2 Dec 2013 12:48AM GMT 
filmwaves 2 Dec 2013 1:52AM GMT 
MRPalmerIII 2 Dec 2013 3:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions