Search for content in message boards

Pantelis Skarvelakis (Skarvelis)

Replies: 0

Pantelis Skarvelakis (Skarvelis)

Posted: 7 Apr 2014 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am still interested to find out what happened and where his grandchildren are.
I had an uncle, Pantelis Skarvelakis, born in Hamezi, Crete the 10th of Oct 1906. He was murdered in USA by a group of African Americans the 28 Jul 1969 and is buried in Baltimore, Maryland. Soc. Sec. 517-26-4755.

It was apparently a very brutal attack and I thought the police will have a record of the crime (allegedly, he was tied up and beaten to death in his restaurant). However, there is no record.

What happened to his wife? Who were his parents (I know the father, but I would like to find out the name of his mother and hopefully grandmother). His father was an orphan (change of name from Skarvelis to Skarvelakis).

He has a grandson "Skarvelakis" and a granddaughter (surname unknown) in USA, I can not locate them. His ONLY son remarried and lives in Kassos, Greece and has two more children.
I should have asked him more questions a few years ago but I thought in USA the government keeps good records.
It is odd that American-Greeks always complain about the lack of records in Greece, but the American archives are also in a mess.

Find a board about a specific topic