Search for content in message boards

Hi I just found out that I might be possible Greek.

Replies: 3

Hi I just found out that I might be possible Greek.

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zapf, Stegmaier, Lindner, Hodel, Kiblin, Courbat, Whorrall, Dille, Rutan, House.
Hi my name is Kristen I am originally from Baltimore Maryland but I now live in Western Pennsylvania and I got into Genealogy because my Dad decided to look up our family tree, so I decided to look up my Mom's side of the family and it was or is said that my Great, Great Grandmother on my Mom's side of the family was an orphaned Shawnee Indian baby adopted by German Immigrant parents and no one has ever been able to prove it or comfirm that she was actually Native American.

So since no one has ever been able to prove it so I had my DNA tested from National Geographic and I just got my DNA results on Tuesday and it said that I am 19% Southwest Asian, 46% German (which makes sense since my Mom, Grandmother (who I did not know) and my Great Grandmother's maiden names are/were German. And then it said that I am also 42% Greek.

So what I am asking is do you think that my Great, Great Grandmother could of actually have been of Greek Ancestry and not Native American (Shawnee Indian). And I have 2 copies of photo 's of my Great, Great Grandmother and the first one was taken abt 1878 with her and her husband and their 2 small children (she had 10-12 children) and her husband's parents but in the picture my Great, Great Grandmother is wearing a outfit that an American woman would probably not wear of that time and in the picture the outift that she has one looks like it has beads on it and she is wearing pants too. And then the 2nd copy of picture I have was taken in 1920 and she was in her 70s and she had cornrows in her hair.

And what lady would wear cornrows in her hair in 1920 if they were not of a certain culture. So I guess what I am asking is could my Great, Great Grandmother actually be of Greek Ancestry and not Native American (Shawnee Indian) and if that is true that she was of Greek Ancestry and not Native American (Shawnee Indian) how would I try to look up or find her Greek Ancestors.

Thank you to who might know and you can either reply to me on here or my e-mail at homer0816@aol.com. And thank you again to who might know. And Happy Hutting with your family tree research :).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
j_kiblin 11 Apr 2014 3:52AM GMT 
filmwaves 11 Apr 2014 5:31AM GMT 
karitsalakoni... 2 Jun 2014 11:53AM GMT 
j_kiblin 2 Jun 2014 4:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions