Search for content in message boards

Bitola Surname Help - Palla? Pala?

Replies: 4

Bitola Surname Help - Palla? Pala?

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Palla, Pallas, Pala, Craja, Sia
Please help! My great grandfather was born in Bitola in 1896 and his father was born there in 1862 (I believe he is buried there). My great grandfather immigrated in 1917 with the name Theodore Costa Pallas. In the 1930 census he listed his nationality as Romanian. Pallas is NOT a romanian last name. I know that my great grandfather had brothers and sisters that did not come to america (Doris, Lillian, Carmen, James and John are the ones I know about. Last name would be Pallas or something like it.)

I am looking for any information regarding surnames that are similar to Pallas (Pala, Palla, were names that my grandfather suggested but I have not had any luck).

My great grandfather Costa married a Maria Craja, but the name Sia has always been attached. Her father was Demot Craja. Could she have kept her mothers maiden name too?

If you know any information about possible surnames, or any information about a Costa Palla or Maria Craja and their ancestry I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alicia Moss 20 Jan 2012 10:05PM GMT 
Mohnbauer 19 May 2012 5:09PM GMT 
yugaya 21 May 2012 12:38PM GMT 
Alicia Moss 22 May 2012 9:36PM GMT 
yugaya 22 May 2012 10:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions