Search for content in message boards

Kisiratos

Replies: 1
Posted: 17 Feb 2004 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Levai, Levoy, Levay
I have found my gr-grandfather at Ellis Island on several dates, 1907, 1909, 1913 and 1923. Antal Levai (AKA: Antal Levay and Anthony Levoy).

On the passenger manifest it lists that he came from a town called Kisiratos, Hungary/Roumania (depending on the year). Could someone give me some more information about this town? Where is it located today? Is it still around or has it been renamed? What region is it in? Do you have a link to a map? I have not been able to find it doing a search. Are there any links on the internet to do research about Kisiratos? Thank you for any information.

Anthony's wife was Veronica, their children were Anna, Margaret, Tony, Helen and Matthew.

I am seeking any additional information regarding these individuals or any information regarding the town they came from in Hungary.

On the 1923 passenger manifest for my gr grandfather, Antal Levai, it lists a relative in Kisiratos, Hungary/Roumania named Josef Levai. How do I go about researching this person while I am in the U.S. and these records would be in Hungary or Roumania?

Should I just post more queries or is there another place to do research about these European countries?

Can you tell me the meaning of Magyar. I saw it listed in several places:
1. At Ellis Island Under Ethnicity
2. On 1930 Census Under Language Spoken

From some research I have done, I understand it to refer to a group of people, but not a language. Any links for further reading?

Thank you for your help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mammalorrie 18 Feb 2004 5:24AM GMT 
ibeke 25 Jun 2011 3:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions