Search for content in message boards

Translation and Research Help Needed

Replies: 3

Translation and Research Help Needed

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 4:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ostand/Iosub/Schwartz/Goldstein
I've attached seven documents. I was wondering if someone could translate the first 4 for me. It looks to be a military book from my great grandfather Joseph Ostand when he was in Romania. I tried to translate it myself on Google but I am not doing so well. It says on the first page that his name is Ostand Iosub. I'm assuming his first name is Iosub (Josef) and surname is Ostand. That is the surname that got passed down in the U.S. I've found all the documents/information for when he was in the U.S. (even though the name was misspelled on many census records) but I can't seem to find anything on his life in Romania (birth records, marriage records, parent's/sibling's names.) If anyone has access to these records I would greatly appreciate it. It looks like his father's name was David from the district Iflov. I've checked jewishgen and familysearch but can't seem to find anything there either. Would love to know his siblings names too. On the border crossing it says that he was going to meet up with his brother in law Isaac Goldstein. I’m not sure if this is his sister’s husband or his wife’s sister’s husband. Also any information on his wife, my great grandmother, Pearl Schwartz pertaining to her life in Romania would be greatly appreciated. Her parents names were Samuel and Sara. Thanks for any help provided! Sunny :)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
artnsonia 12 Sep 2012 10:54PM GMT 
christine80hd 14 Sep 2012 11:09AM GMT 
artnsonia 14 Sep 2012 10:32PM GMT 
christine80hd 15 Sep 2012 3:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic