Search for content in message boards

Looking for my great grandfather Robert Steiner

Replies: 0

Looking for my great grandfather Robert Steiner

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 9:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Steiner, Benke
Hello, I hope that I can find some help here. I’m looking for my Great-grandfather Robert Steiner. He was born in 1894 in Anina (Steierdorf-Anina) and died in 1953 in Merkstein, Germany. He worked in the coalmines.
The problem is that the Banat area where he was born, belonged to Hungary at the time of his birth but later on became part of Romania (since ca. 1919: Anina, Caraş-Severin, Romania). I believe that the people from these areas are considered Donauschwaben.
He was married to Elisabeth Benke, born in 1895 in Debrecen, Hungary. Sometime before 1933 he moved to Germany. 1933 my Grandmother was born in Stolberg, Germany.
I’m trying to find out when Robert moved to Germany. I’m trying to prove citizenship for my Grandmother and I have to prove that he came to Germany no later than 1925.
Unfortunately I am not really that great with this kind of research and I’m not finding much that’s helpful. I’m really not sure how to continue. The only documents I have available are death-certificates for him and his wife and my grandmother’s birth-certificate.
I would really appreciate any kind of suggestions you may have. Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions