Search for content in message boards

Surnames Stoika, Joana & Craciun

Replies: 2

Surnames Stoika, Joana & Craciun

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 9:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stoika, Joana & Craciun
John Stoika b. 1888 & Anna b. 1886. Their childeren are Charles Voncilia Craciun b.1908 , John Stoika JR b. 1915, Julia b. 1919 & Sam b. 1923.

John Stoika, his wife Anna and son age 5 arrived in the US and took up residence in Wayne Michigan in 1913.
I have the 1920 & 1930 census. Both say Anna & her parents were born in Romania and mothers tongue is Romanian but no city. 1920 says the same for John, but 1930 says John was born in Michigan and parents were from Poland. They had a son John JR. that was born in Michigan so for John SR. I think that was a mistake but what about the Poland part?
I also have a draft card for John 1917-18 that states he is from Romania the city is listed but I can't tell what it says. It also states that he has his mother, wife and 19 month old son living with him.
Anna died in 1938. Her death certificate says she was born in Romania no city is listed. It has her father listed as Sam Christmas. I have been told that Christmas & Christian are translations of Craciun. Anna's son Charles Craciun was born from a previous marriage but I have no info on his father. So now I'm confused. Is Anna a Craciun or Charles?
John Stoika remarried to Mary. The marriage certificate states that he was born in Romania but no city is listed.
His death certificate also has him born in Romania but no city. It has his father listed as Adam Stoika and his mothers maiden name is Joana. This is the first I am hearing of Joana and there is no first name to put with it.
I know the surnames were Germanized and that they were Americanized when they came to the US. So if anyone can help me figure out what the original surnames were that would be fantastic. I am also looking for the city in Romania that they are from. If anyone would like to translate the city listed on the draft card let me know and I will send it to you. Honestley, any help with this family tree would be greatly appreciated.
Cushie Stoika
stoikacushie@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CUSHIESTOIKA 18 Jun 2012 3:37PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 27 Oct 2012 8:33PM GMT 
CUSHIESTOIKA 2 Nov 2012 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic