Search for content in message boards

Abraham Rotman/Rotnan family in Iasi?

Replies: 0

Abraham Rotman/Rotnan family in Iasi?

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 9:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2012 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: Rotman, Rotnan, Lipschultz
I found a record listing my great-great grandfather as being from a place called Jassy, Romania, which, thanks to google, I found was another spelling for Iasi. Unfortunately, even though I have the name of the city, I can't find anything else on him or his family! His name is Abraham Rotman, born 1895 and married to a Minnie Lipschultz (b. 1897) (who seems to be from Russia). In their records, his mother Debora Rotnan seems to have come with them to the United States. According to census records, she was widowed. Her estimated birth year was 1855, and she is said to be born in Austria.

Minnie and Abraham had three kids including my great grandmother Mollie. Minnie and Abraham both died in Chicago, where their children were born; Debora seems to have died somewhere (possibly Gary) in Indiana. Unfortunately, this is my maternal grandfather's side of the family. We are no longer in touch with this side due to a nasty divorce, so I have no way of getting information.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions