Search for content in message boards

General Gabriel Negrei

Replies: 1

General Gabriel Negrei

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Negrei, Carare
Hey :)
I'm struggling a bit to reconstitute some family history; starting from this article (Romanian language): http://enciclopediaromaniei.ro/wiki/Gabriel_Negrei
Here's what I have so far, and wondering if anyone could help me fill in the gaps:
So the General (Gabriel Negrei) has been born in Mogosesti, 1st of July 1872 (according to the article) and died in 1951 in a Communist prison.
The General's sister was my great-great-grandmother; she worked as a schoolteacher, not sure if in the same village or somewhere else- I know for sure it was in Moldavia. I know her name was Elena, but no further data.
The other brother, Vasile, was a general too, he contributed to the design of a cannon used in WW1- again,that's all I know.
Their sister Iulia may have been the second or third female lawyer in Romania ever. (I'd love to know more on that)
There was one more sister, Maria- the eldest, not sure what she did or how she lived; and one more sister whose name no one can recall, but whom we all know was a poetess.

Anyone has any info on this branch of the family? Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
raluca_enescu 23 Jan 2013 11:57PM GMT 
Constantin_Iu... 25 Feb 2013 2:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic