Search for content in message boards

Anna Fronius

Replies: 1
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Fronius
My grandmother's maiden name was Anna Fronius. Her family came from Hermanstadt (Sibiu). She came to this country with a sister when she was 9. She worked as a maid/housekeeper in Pensylvania, where my Grandfather, Bela (William) Mezei met her. They were married in 1910 and had four children. My father was born in 1915 in Youngstown, Ohio. When my father was six they moved to Detroit and remained. My grandmother had her family living in Youngstown. In fact, we visited with Fronius relatives in 1955. I was a young child then and I have not visited, nor communicated with these relatives since.

Other pertinent information are as follows: My grandmother died in Detroit in 1943. My father as a boy traveled with an Joe Fronius, who was killed in a train accident in Ohio. I do not believe that he was married, nor had children. However, I can not remember the details of his personal life. My grandmother's family was large and she had sisters only couple of years older than my father.

The Fronius side is not to well known to my immediate family. One reason is that we moved to Arizona in 1951 and were fortunate to keep in touch with my first cousin let alone my father's.

If you wish to communicate. Please E-mail and I will be happy to compare more notes.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DONOTUSELotem... 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
josephfronius 1 Jan 2013 1:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions