Search for content in message boards

POTISEK

Replies: 18

Re: Potisek family

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 6:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 4:42PM GMT
You have been very helpful! Many thanks for your kind generosity of your time and efforts! My ancestors all settled in Darragh and Duquensne PA here in USA and the Church that held all records burnt. When my family came here to Indiana they had to make a return trip to PA for ANY identifying records to prove who they were and could find nothing, they were finally allowed to be verified by Preist and local authorities. On the Ellis Island site (very helpful) if you look up Franc Potisek it shows him and the only documents we have. This is where I got the Brunadraga from. Also Barbara Plahytka is listed at same site and it shows where they have listed Slovienian with the Hungary and Bohemian, perhaps by giving those a look you may be able to shed more light on your suggestions. I tend to agree regarding my GGGrandmother being from a Hungarian or Bohemian or Slovakian decent rather than Slovenia. Thank you again for your input! I know that Grandpa's heritage of Plahytka does not come from exactly the same area as Grandma's Potisek, they met here in USA in PA so they did not meet in Europe. We know that Janos Plahytka came over to USA but not through Ellis Island or not recorded by them, Barbara his wife came over later by herself (it says to join her husband Janos) and then in 1911 another family of 4 Plahytka came over, I assume they are related since it says they came to join a brother. So Janos brother was Josef. That is all I know so far, not having any US records really has made things tough on our family geneological search. I have made contact with my Grandfather Plahitko (Plahytka) cousin's progeny and their name is Matisko (Matiszku, Matiscku, Matiszka) Does this name help to place the Plahytka name at all? Since they were cousins? Maybe same area? I will look forward to your reply!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Melissa Topper 5 Mar 2001 8:22PM GMT 
urska_pavlica 16 Mar 2001 12:51AM GMT 
DSawyer1 23 Mar 2002 4:26PM GMT 
Urska 25 Mar 2002 8:25AM GMT 
BMLroots 25 Mar 2002 7:36PM GMT 
dsawyer11 30 Mar 2002 4:38AM GMT 
BMLroots 3 Apr 2002 6:15PM GMT 
dsawyer11 4 Apr 2002 1:20PM GMT 
BMLroots 5 Apr 2002 4:27PM GMT 
dsawyer11 30 Mar 2002 4:29AM GMT 
per page