Search for content in message boards

Surname search: Gorup, Gorjup, Rosenberger, Sustarich, Preskova

Replies: 2

Surname search: Gorup, Gorjup, Rosenberger, Sustarich, Preskova

Albert Frank Gorup, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 1:29PM GMT
ANTON GORJUP (GORUP, GORYUP) Looking for information on Anton GORJUP, born 15 October 1888. Died 25 February 1970. Declaration of Intention
says he immigrated from JMEJCA, STEREN, AUSTRIA on July, 1910. He married Mary ROSENBERGER on 11 January 1919. On his marriage licence, Anton
claims that his father & mother are Anton GORJUP and Mary PRESKOVE. Mary's father & mother are Urh ROSENBERGER and Francesca SUSTARICH.

Anton spent his entire life in the U.S. in Calumet, Michigan. Mary was born in the U.S. Family lore has it that Anton, Urh, and Francesca come from the same
town. Family lore has it that my grandfather Anton only socialized with the other Slovenians in Calumet, so I was hoping that a query in a Slovenian site would
generate the response I'm looking for. The 1920 Census has Anton claiming to be from Yugoslavia and his native tongue is Slovene. Same census has Urh claiming
to be from Austria and native tongue is Slovanian. Family lore has it that Anton has (at least) 7 borthers, and his father had (at least) 7 brothers. Unfortunately, I've
been unable to find any of Anton's bothers. It was rumored that Anton immigrated with a brother that stayed in Milwaukee, but I have been unable to verify his
existance. Thanks in advance for any insight.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Albert Frank Gorup, Jr. 1 Jun 2001 7:29PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 3 Jun 2001 10:09AM GMT 
agorup 19 Mar 2007 3:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic